This is the ultimate escape for outdoor thrill seekers! Join us for a day of stunning single-track mountain biking on the Blorenge and sunset paddleboarding on the Brecon/Mon canal.
Your guides from Dirt She and Raven Ride will lead you up to the mast on the Blorenge overlooking the welsh mountains of Sugar Loaf, where you’ll float over the rolling hills of Telly Tubby land, think natural grassy pump track! And descend your way into the Punchbowl for a wild swim and picnic lunch. There is a steep climb and push to follow, but it’s short and worth it for the long, long, descent back down to the canal. Ride Distance: approx 23km. Climbing total: approx 800m Paddling distance: approx 3km
We’ll meet back at the vehicles for coffee/tea/hot chocolate and homemade cake before slipping into wet water gear ready to test your water wings in an entry level stand-up paddle board session followed by a sunset SUP along the canal.
With a full heart you can grab a bench by the canal for a pint and a bowl of cheesy chips before heading home.
- Receive a paddleboard safety briefing covering self-rescue techniques, correct position, and posture on the board so that you feel safe on the water.
- Receive board, paddle, buoyancy aid.
- Receive a bike check from the team at Dirt She and Raven Rides.
- Enjoy a guided ride through stunning off-piste trails. We would grade this ride as RED TECH.
- Paddle your way down the peaceful Brecon/Mon canal.
- Enjoy a wild brew and a S’mores. NB: dietary requirements must be stipulated in advance.
- Full-Day guided paddle/ride. 10:00-18:00. Gilwern Wharf, Abergavenny
- £75.00pp includes 4 hour guided ride, 2 hour guided paddleboarding, paddleboard hire, hot drink and S’mores/cake.
- SUP level. Attendees MUST be able to swim unaided, no previous paddle experience required.
- Ride level. You must be competent on natural off-piste trails and have a good level of fitness for the climbs (E-Bike riders are welcomed)
- Adult hire only
- Max 12 people
PLEASE VISIT OUR SUPPORTING YOU THROUGH COVID-19 page FOR CURRENT T&Cs
If your booking is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions you will be given a selection of dates to rebook within the current season. Or a 12-month gift voucher will be issued.
If the booking is cancelled by your party:
Your will receive a 12 month credit note to be redeemed against any available, alternative adventure on our website.
Less than 72 hours-notice your booking will not be refunded or transferred, unless it falls within our COVID-19 policy.