A new and exciting collaboration for 2022! We have teamed up with Fluidtuition Paddlesports to bring you SUP Safety & Rescue Skills. This course aims to upskill your practical ability for personal and group rescues scenarios. You will gain the knowledge needed to keep you and others safe on the water. This course takes place in sheltered water and slow flowing water such as the river Wye. You can expect a fun, practical day on and IN the water, so be prepared to get wet, the best way to learn is by doing!
• Need to be happy getting wet! It’s all practical, not theory!
• Enjoy content delivered by by coaches with real and varied rescue experience
• Get a chance to practice a variety of rescues to find out what suits you
• Use several rescues tools from many manufactures – no brand deals here!
Learn about the following;
• Overall safety protocols and prioritisation
• Effects of weather on our decisions
• What kit to carry in different situations
• Towing – long and short distances
• On water individual rescues
• Emergency rafting
• Bank based rescues
• This course DOES NOT cover rescues appropriate for any GRADED water venues
- Full-day course, delivered in two 2 hour slots. 10:00-15:00. Ross-on-Wye
- £70.00pp does not include kit, if you wish to hire please email prior to booking
- Must have own board, paddle, BA, Wetsuit/Dry suit, QR Belt
- SUP level. Attendees MUST have completed our SUP Beginners course or a similar course with a certified WSA, BSUPA ASI or BCU instructor
- Must be confident in the water and able to swim unaided
- 18+ only (under 18’s considered, please email prior to booking)
- Max 6 people
PLEASE VISIT OUR SUPPORTING YOU THROUGH COVID-19 page FOR CURRENT T&Cs
If your booking is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions you will be given a selection of dates to rebook within the current season. Or a 12-month gift voucher will be issued.
If the booking is cancelled by your party:
Your will receive a 12 month credit note to be redeemed against any available, alternative adventure on our website.
Less than 72 hours-notice your booking will not be refunded or transferred, unless it falls within our COVID-19 policy.