Full-Day Guided Trip
This Escape Day has bucket list written all over it! Our experienced guide will lead you out from picturesque Bathampton, past the stunning, honey toned 18th century, Georgian architecture of Bath Spa, and out alongside the picture perfect Pultney Bridge Weir. You’ll meander along the pretty Kennet and Avon canal pit stopping for a picnic lunch alongside one of the many locks. From here you can decide how the rest of your adventure unfolds. Head back to your vehicle OR continue on as we rejoin the River Avon beneath the stunning Warleigh Weir, this stretch is a hot spot for kingfisher spotting. Finishing back at our start location in Bathampton. Please note this adventure takes in two significant portages where you will need to carry board and kit. The second can be avoided if you decide to finish your adventure at the half way point. Stretch one is aprox 9km including walking portage. Stretch 2 is aprox 8.5km including walking portage.
Enjoy this incredible water sport in an area of outstanding natural beauty, propelled by your own paddle. NOTE bring your own kit and enjoy a 25% discount. Enter BRINGYOUROWN at the checkout. MUST NOT BE USED WITH ANY OTHER PROMOTION. These places are limited. Your kit MUST include, recognised branded board, paddle, buoyancy aid, quick release belt, head torch. We recommend a touring board for this type of trip due to the length of the paddle.
- Enjoy a circular guided journey starting and finishing in Bathampton
- Experience paddling alongside the stunning, golden hued Georgian architecture in Bath Spa
- Enjoy a safe and fun paddle around Pultney Bridge Weir and Warleigh Weir, the views are incredible!
- Meander along pretty canals and locks on the Kennet and Avon Canal
- Receive a safety briefing along with your board, paddle, buoyancy aid and helmet if desired.
- Children over the age of 14 are welcome
- Full-Day guided trip. 10:00-17:00 Start-point / End-point Bathampton (option to finish the trip at the halfway point)
- £40.00pp (25% discount if you bring your own kit)
- Receive a safety briefing along with your board, paddle, buoyancy aid
- Attendees MUST be able to swim unaided and have a reasonable level of relevant fitness
- Board, paddle, buoyancy aid, quick release belt included
- Wetsuit available for hire at £10.00
PLEASE VISIT OUR SUPPORTING YOU THROUGH COVID-19 page FOR CURRENT T&Cs
If your booking is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions you will be given a selection of dates to rebook within the current season. Or a 12-month credit note will be issued.
If the booking is cancelled by your party:
More than 14 days-notice your booking will be fully refundable minus our admin fee.
Less than 14 days-notice your booking will be fully transferable within the current season or a 12 month gift card will be issued.
Less than 48 hours notice your booking will not be refunded or transferred, unless it falls within our COVID-19 policy.
Basic SUP experience is required, you may like to attend our SUP Intro course first to fully enjoy your river experience.